20061112

David Forever

Not much news abt the Wuhan concert except for intense media speculation whether Nic Tse will appear on stage with his wife Cecilia *sigh* There was news that David will sing Marry me today but with who? Jolin will not be there, but I think just media speculation again as David would not have time to rehearse with his duet partner. Talking abt partner, did u know that David wrote a song for Melody, his ex gf? Thanks & credit to Perfect David TW yahoo grp for posting the link to youtube vid. Its the ending song to some TW idol series, not sure which & when it was released as I seldom watch them.

If u know chinese, can read the credits that David wrote the song & WaWa the lyrics. Called Love Not There, its a melancholy, slightly r&b ballad sang well by Melody. I really like it & once again admire the couple's low-keyed approach after their breakup. I really hope the media try & respect David's silence on his personal affairs & not blow up something outta nothing from his casual meetings & meals with friends. He is a musician, pay attention to the songs he write & you can probably find out more abt his life then following him like a dog. Translated Forever as the chinese title is a bit similar to the song he wrote for Melody. Maybe there's a link or maybe not. You decide :P
Forever
Quickly stop the rotation of time
When we meet again
Which expression is suitable to conceal
That I still love you so deeply
Please don't give me another glance
Please don't test my real feelings
I'm afraid that I cannot control
My devotion for you again
Even your back to me is just as gentle
Don't love, I turn and leave
Alone, casting aside memories
Don't love, the future is bleak
You hate me, don't be weak
I will not suffer
Don't allow our reluctance
To marr the beauty of departure
Impossible to replay this hopeless love
We treated each other sincerely
Don't love and so I leave
Alone, burdened by loneliness
Don't love, enduring this pain
I love you forever, but I cannot speak
Don't love, I turn and leave
Alone, I learn to endure
Don't love, bearing this pain
I love you forever, I smile and leave
I love you forever, and like this, I don't love
Music by Josh Chen & Andrew Chu, lyrics by David K, sang by David Tao in Tai Mei Li

4 comments:

udonotknowme1 said...

Eh? Didn't I read about this somewhere a long time ago... here?

*confused*

Maybe in a dream! As always...

Anonymous said...

davidgirl : i think melody has got a GREAT voice!! hehe de other day was juz chatting with sukyee and we were looking at melody's pic and we've bump into her mtv. I think she has great great voice! i wish i can listen to her more..but she's already married and settled down rite? :)

Zhao said...

Dun think I ever posted abt this song but think it was written quite some time, maybe a few yrs. Yes, davidgirl, she does has a nice voice but she wasn't that successful both as singer & actor so maybe married life will suit her more.

udonotknowme1 said...

Hmm... maybe I deduced it myself or something... I did hear somewhere... Ah! An interview link from your site! He said he wrote this song about someone but didn't release it earlier because he didn't want people to misunderstand. Since it was written between Ultrasound and Beautiful, around the time Melody got married, I assumed that 'Forever' was it.