20061102

Concert clips

Agreed with Sukyee, thank you guys for coming out from the closet ^__^ but DT fans are always so shy & quiet. Should be proud to be DT fan cos it shows that you have discerning taste. I was reading reviews of John Legend's new album 'Once Again' & there was such praise for his efforts to bring back vintage soul of the 60s & 70s with a splash of Bacharach.
"I wanted the album to be beautiful," says Legend. "I wanted every line to be well-conceived and well-delivered. I figured that if I write great songs and produce and arrange and sing them as best as I know how, then everything else will fall into place."
Great musicians think alike. This album is very similar to Beautiful but at least the US critics knew & appreciate what Legend was doing. Not 1 chinese critic, well the ones I read, came close to understanding David's fifth studio album from a music history perspective. Sometimes I think David is wasted here but still he is much too precious for me to ignore *__* Anyway linked some more concert clips @ youtubes including Ghost where can see the fabulous lighting by Andrew & co ^__^ This concert is just so vocal & music driven. Just incredible that David can still sound so good & strong rite thru the last song Love Can as if the concert has only begun.



4 comments:

Xodus said...

u know..there are 16 sets of lights used in the back bright light, and 2 day b4 show time, 7 of them were shortcircuited and it went boom..the programmer wanted to cut the lights for this sequence (in the 4th clip - ghost song)

i was put in charge of putting it down..but i duno why, might be my itchy hands but then i tried to fix it and..it works...

and it turn out great...all those electric goes onto my body while doing tat pays off oso..at least i know...i wana keep this vid for memories, cause from where i'm working tat night, i can't seems to get a clean shot of anything!!

Anonymous said...

I was too engrossed with DT's performance, as well as the atmosphere generated by the audience and didn't pay much attention to the lightings.

After viewing at the video, the lightings is SPECTACULAR and it's GREAT effort by the heros behide the scene ...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you.
There is hardly anyone who can judge David's Music Properly..
Take the three recently released albums for instance
David Tao's Beautiful, F.I.R's Flight Tribe and Jay Chou's Still Fantasy. The same critic i read gave terrific comments for Jay Chou and only him. Even when down to comment that David is just going according to what the market wants.. The crtitic is an obvious Jay Chou Fanboy who cant seem to listen to music without discriminating people... Great concert btw.. wish i was there!!

Xodus said...

rachel : nah~ the usual stuff.. no worries i'm not those kecil hati types..its my job to make an event happen...no matter we get credit or not..it really doesn't matter

all tat is important is makin myself feeling satisfied and happy from wut i'm doing...