20051105

21 days to SG Concert

New msg from David where he talked abt cars, also Bullit which I already blogged when he bought his Mustang. He sounded so cute when he talked abt cars altho I think he dun mean to ^__^
He posted sum pixs of him with cars @ his website which I daringly repost here cos he looked so phat!!! He always looked much better in LA, very fit & sunshiny. Wish he captioned them so we know what r the cars, like the baby blue one best. Have to consult my car enthusiast in SF heehee
Here Nicky Lee from Machi said he likes to learn from David how to sing with emotion. Nicky is this sweet Korean guy & mbr of Machi who is releasing his solo Mandarin album. He is also songwriter/producer who has worked with Tension, BAD, Stanley Huang, Elva Hsiao & A-Mei. Vry talented guy & vry adorable looking.
Wondered why ppl shocked a certain songwriter used music sample for some of his background music. Thought it was obvious? Remembered sumone mentioned he used the same sample as the Matrix soundtrack in a previous album. If u dun know what I am talking abt, its kinda like my poetry generator, go here & try it out. You can choose diff instruments, loop it or play manual & viola u r yr own music mixer. Wonder how those critics & fans who were waxing lyrical abt the intricacies of his music felt when they realised they r actually praising the music samples (*__*) sry having a Lennon moment there. Ok its not actually 'copying' when a songwriter used music sample just lazy I guess. David even mentioned it in one of his msgs, see if I can find it. Here we go:
The technology of music making has exponentially grown over the past ten years and we now have at our disposal an abundance of software, hardware, sounds and techniques for which to create music. With this, naturally, comes the temptation of abusing these resources of simply being lazy in the process of a production. I truly feel what we hear nowadays in Chinese music (myself to blame as well) is superfluous in terms of production values. Instrumentation, lyrics, and melodies are layered upon layers of meaningless elements creating not one cohesive song or sound but rather fragments that cancel each other out. Truly, the theory that "less is more" has been forgotten in music and, perhaps, everything we do.
He even sounded cute when he talking abt music production or maybe just being a fangirl haha Anyway this is the sad world of virtual reality as he mentioned in his new msg. Altho must admit I vry much addicted to anything virtual, dun think I can ever leave it, I feel like I am Lain forever trapped in the etherworld or maybe just having a nightmare from overdose of manufactured music :)

No comments: