20081105

DT & change

History in the making & for sure, DT will be pleased ^__^ Anyway found this interesting blog all abt DT's appearance at the Taipei Franklin Graham festival including his speech, the story he told, Butterfly lyrics as well as link to dl the related mp3. Only thing is its all in chinese. But once again, his simple but heartfelt sincerity has seemingly inspired quite a few ppl. To me DT is the Obama of chinese music who believes in change, the future, hard work & the will of the common people. Everytime he appears in public, he just brings along such hope & inspiration. Amazing man. Although do agree with anon who post below abt the lyric stand hehe:
Anonymous said...
Oh I L-O-V-E this unplugged performance, just DT and the guitar. He looked comfortable and confident, that's my man !
PS : Zhaodi, I think he needs the lyric stand for the parable part - geez it's some 4 minutes or so...
11/05/2008 1:37 AM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reminded about how cynical I am and how there still is hope, faith and space for change.

When I hear DT talk, I hope but never believed in change. Often without the conviction of his voice, the words become empty echos, cliches.

But today, alone during lunch, I sit and cry. I feel again. I see hope and I believe.

Popping by and hoping all is find and good with you,
Suk Yee

Anonymous said...

Zhaodi, it was me, heh I forgot to write my name. This morning I suddenly wants to listen to Black Tangerine.This is the album that got me hooked to DT, 5 years ago.And looked what I found in booklet 2nd paragraph :...But what could I do as a musician and public person ? Then I remembered something I had read when I about twelve. It was the Parable of the Talents (Matthew25:14)and it spoke of a story of a man who gave his talents.....

beachgurl

Anonymous said...

the thing about dt's songs are that they can fit every single mood im in. butterfly is one of my favourites cuz for me itz a confusion song. i listen to it when things have happened or things i have done n i have my doubts about it. today i waznt feeling the greatest about something that happened so i went to my ipod n listened to the black tangerine album. i had butterfly on repeat for about 3 times n i felt a sense of enlightenment. itz hard to explain n im not sure of it myself either but every time theres a drastic change in my mood i go for dt. even though there r greater composers/singers/lyricists out there that i've heard, i just dont get that same feeling. so plz dt, enlighten me more with a new album. itz been over 2 years

*sry for the long rant...just felt like i havent ranted about him in awhile

Zhao said...

Thanx vry much for the msgs guys, vry inspiring :D