20061009

Msia promo - Melaka

David guested in singing contest in Melaka's Low Yat Plaza for 8TV anniversary but not much news abt it except above pix. The showcase @ A Famosa Cowboy Town was vry successful altho it was delayed for an hr. David sang Wang Bu Liao & Tai Mei Li. His fans kept yelling 'Tao Zhe you are the best' & 'Tao zhe I love you' so David praised them as more passionate than fans in KL *KL fans have to do better nxt time heehee*
Ooookaaay the following fresh off the Msia press has another twist to the Tao/Jo neverending boring 'who gives a damn' saga. Believe whatever but dearest David, plse dun wait till u leave the world to have no regrets, how abt not having regrets NOW ^__^
The rest of the news is quite interesting esp the KL concert.
No time for love
-by Chow Ee-Tan -
ALTHOUGH he has a song dedicated to marriage in his new album, Beautiful, David Tao does not see himself settling down any time soon.
“I think I’m too ambitious,” said the 37-year-old Taiwanese singer-songwriter in Kuala Lumpur. “I have no extra time to date and romance.”
Tao, who has been in the news lately, recently broke off with his girlfriend Joanna — a relationship he tried to keep hush.
But when asked whether he has a phobia to commitment, he said he has too many things he wants to do with his career.
“It’s not about earning more money, but I hope that when I leave this world, I will have no regrets,” said the self-declared idealist.
Tao, whose shorter haircut makes him look younger, will be staging the last stop of David Tao Love Can World Tour 2006 at Bukit Jalil National Stadium on Oct 28.
He said it will be a most complete concert’ compared to his earlier stops as he will be singing songs from all his previous albums as well as from the latest Beautiful, released two months ago.
One of the highlights in Beautiful is the saccharine-sweet Marry Me Today, a duet with Jolin Tsai. It was the first duet that Tao had ever recorded!
“For me, there must be ‘a purpose when a song is sung together. In fact, when it was written, I thought I could sing it myself but realised it would be better to do a duet, especially since it is about marriage.”
Tao said he would be slowing down in his music career next year to write and direct movies.
Tao is going to realise his dream of being a film director next year, as he gradually makes the transition from music to film.
“I will be a scriptwriter and director. I am very serious about it as it has been my dream since young,” he said.
But he said it is still too early to say the type of movie he will be making as that depends on the budget.
So, while Tao wants to live life to the fullest with no regrets, is he compromising on relationships and marriage?
“Family life is important too,” he said. “I still hope one day, at the right time, I will be married and have children.”
For tickets to Tao’s Love Can World Tour call 03-2282-2020 (Galaxy Production) or 7711-5000 (Axcess).
Reposted from mmail.com

No comments: