20070618

Moving on up

I think its ironic that after Hakka musician Lin Shen Xiang rejected 2 awards for best singer & best album in the Hakka categories cos he felt that the GMA awards should not be based on language but music that GMA then awarded a best singer award to a Korean ^__^ Lin performed live & he has a beautiful voice. He demonstrated perfectly how a male singer with high pitch should sing naturally rather than exaggeratedly *coughsodagreencough* Perhaps the real reason why there are so many language categories is if its based on musical talent & singing ability, the Hakka, Taiwanese & Aboriginal musicians will sweep all the awards :P But I am glad GMA is over & since David will probably not be nominated nxt yr, there won't be the perennial disappointment. I think its best to accept that he will nvr win GMA best singer. I think with his decision not to attend GMA, he is like Lin Shen Xiang making a silent protest cos he dun quite see eye to eye with this award show. So we should accept his decision and move on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok i admit i'm one sodagreen fan here.lol

Happen to listen to both of their albums and i find it rather original and refreshing,makes me feel alive and young again and "touched" me in a way like how David did when i first heard him but of cos in a different way. i do agree it takes awhile to like the lead vocal's voice but after awhile, his voice simply grew on me...I esp like their lyrics and i think the soulfulness in the lead vocal's voice is what makes it special apart from his high pitch.

*sry pls excuse me for my blabbering, but good music are meant to share.* ;)

Zhao said...

Can babble all u like tangerina :D Actually dun think Sodagreen's lead singer is doing the high pitch right which could hurt his vocal cords which seem to be happening as he is reportedly sick or something & doctor saying he may have to stop singing for a while. But I could be wrong of cos.

Anonymous said...

hmm...can't be sure if he's using the right way of doing his high pitch but i do however thought he has quite a way of manipulating his voice. :)