20070622

15 days to Shanghai concert

This intriguing news item abt EMI alerting the media abt a BIG star they will be signing up nxt mth & having a bigscale event to announce in HK. I am thinking it could either be Jay or Mayday. I am hoping its Jay as he just wrote a song for A-Mei & his relations with Sony dun seem vry warm. Can you imagine if its Jay, the media will go crazy with the triangle of Jolin & Show. Not that I am interested, just how it will affect David. First off, it will definitely take the spotlight off him which is good & hopefully pave the way for him to go independent. I am tired of David being a commercial product, I want him back where he belongs - doing his own thing in the studio & not bothered abt sales, awards or ktv charts. He can be doing movies or music, whichever he is happy with.
Also going indie dun necessarily mean going underground as can be seen with Sodagreen who is indeed 'indie' sry for some reason I thought they were with the same label as Angela Zhang cos both of them were receiving so much airplay @ MTV but really their stuff much too candypop *sry tangerina ^__^* Deserts is not though, she is with SonyBMG which apparently kept her frozen for a while. Perhaps they were waiting for her to stop simmering 'It's a big big big world and I'm a small small small girl':P Dun get me wrong, I like her alot & she has such huge potential. She is talented, brainy & beautiful so she should be doing more 'I am a woman, hear me ROAR' Dear Deserts, stop trying to be Cheer, try to be more Penny instead ^__^
Btw I noticed that EMI has a new board & as usual David is the most empty *sigh* I have given up wondering why his fans are so reluctant to post just wish they stop whining abt no concert in US or no dvd for concert in TW. These things cost MONEY so why should David or EMI invest in something that on surface look to have vry little return. Sry for being harsh but that's the reality these days. Anyway the Daphne contest to find his 'lover' to sing Marry Me Today with him is on the way (Info link credit to phii @ SGFC) David said the girls must at least know how to sing & be extrovert, confident & has a sense of humor. In other words they should resemble Jolin in character at least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The forum is in chinese and quite a number of DT fans are not that well-versed in the language. While most can listen and read, some find trouble in writing.

I also feel that there's a barrier between the english speaking and non english speaking fans. They think and talk diffrently. Having all of them together (like in the official forum) doesn't yield the same intimacy as there is in previous forums and it's hard to start another one and rebuild the passion.

Or perhaps DT fans are not the gossipy kind and focus on his music instead? They seems quite exicted about concerts, music and the meaning of the lyrics.

I doubt I've given enough thought on this matter. So correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...

pls dun apologies zhao, its perfectly ok to have a different taste in music sometimes and i totally respect your perceptions. :)

Indeed we're not the gossipy kind, couldn't agree more with you, Sukyee...lol...apart from being occasionally curious abt his love life, i'm more interested abt his artistic works and also becos i think the David we know will never allow his music to be shadowed by some purportless media news. And as we know, music has always been the central theme in his life, guess that's why we've much more to talk abt his music than anything else... :)