20070605

Fanatics!

No problem Tangerina & Opalibran but not much DT news at the moment. Still this is what being an uberfan mean I guess. At least I am not like that ultra uberfan of Andy Lau nor do I swallow sleeping pills just cos I don't believe in David anymore >"< But it got me thinking abt fanatics & how much hope fans can pin on their idols. Of cos lately I too have been acting like one ^___^ expecting David to fit into this ideal I have of him. Forgetting that he is a real person with his own dreams & life. He can't be expected to fulfil all my expectations of him just cos he is my idol. So I promise myself that nxt time I feel like that I will go & listen to that wonderful song by Sting: If you love somebody, set them free.
David looking vry free *__* The ultimate in fanatism can be seen in the GMA online voting where fans of certain stars have been accused of cheating while some fans have actually formed alliances to boost each other idols' rating. Some simply said they have boycotted the voting when their idols' rating dropped. Kinda watching idol drama series with all the bickering & backstabbing going on *shake head* GMA of cos has taken the precaution to keep the result of the voting secret in the final round so they can have some control as to who will finally win. But no matter who wins, fans of the losers will most likely claim foul play anyway. Dear DT, you are so wise to wanna retire from the music scene ... temporarily ^__^

No comments: