20060816

China promo - Sina chat

David looking serious but still adorable @ Sina online chat. Watch here, pixs here. Not so good as last yr cos they kept asking him the same questions: the album being not as heavy, his movie dreams, fans not used to his change of style , etc. They even asked him abt Faye Wong's daughter >"< Luckily it was not for vry long & so didn't waste his time.
TQ loveissimple for letting us know abt Msia promo:
loveissimple [7:39:37 AM]
M'sia Chinese radio station-98.8 fm is having a call-in game to win David Tao's signed album, posters and RM150 EMI hampers. for more log in to http://www.988.com.my/fun.asp

TQ vry much for touching comment:
udonotknowme1 said...
Initially, I thought Beautiful didn't have a message. It was an awkward feeling - the doubt and preparation for disappointment (which I think many David fans had felt) - as I've always been very proud of David for being a man of substance and character.
I labelled "Too Beautiful" as just another love song, not paying attention to the lyrics.
However when I finally got the album, it made me happy, relaxed and loved. Listening to "Too Beautiful" made me realise that it wasn't just about any love but a selfless love and reminded me of God's love. Throughout the album, I hear messages of real love, letting go and finding true happiness.
My brother commented that the cover was ugly and that the case looked like a funeral program handout. I agreed, without thinking much about it.
Only after reading the credits, studying the lyrics and placing the CD back into the case did I notice these words.
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; Yet They cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."
Finally, I realise the significance of the cover. Perhaps it was coincidence, but it reminded me of Jesus, his death, the representation of his beautiful nature and his great love for us.
This album does have a message – a powerful one, indeed. It speaks of an eternal and true love, something that has been forgotten. While wars, catastrophes and natural disasters come and go, love abides. It is an integral part of humanity, yet its importance has been overlooked. The lack of love towards life, people and nature is the source of all these tragedies. Hence it is crucial to be reminded to love again – something David has always wanted to share with us all. Time to stop questioning and blaming God. It’s time to love.
8/15/2006 10:44 AM

I think you are rite abt Too Beautiful cos David did said its not just abt a girl's first love but unconditional love. He revealed he had experienced such love before but it may also mean mother's love cos that always come without any strings & of cos God's love. But apart from love, I think the album is also abt questioning humanity which could account for the Blade Runner's reference. David said that he would explain why he referenced the movie later but said to watch it for the answer.
When told that many fans are not used to the style in this album, David said the same thing happened to him when he listened to Sting's new album a few yrs ago (think its Sacred Love). At first he did not like it cos it was not the familiar Sting style. But after a few mths, he went back to listening & found that not only was it great music but vry meaningful. After reading, I logged onto Sting official site & saw this quote from Sting:
"Can you change the world with a song or a concert? Of course you can't. But you can plant a seed in people's minds. A few years ago I did a tour for Amnesty International and we were playing to people who were largely middle class - educated, young people - who would probably be the political class in 20 years time, and if you a plant a seed in their minds that human rights are something we all have a right to then that's good and will bear fruit in the future."
I think that's why David always try to do -- plant some seeds in our minds.

2 comments:

udonotknowme1 said...

Great words. I keep forgetting that not all of us are to be harvesters. Some of us are to sow seeds so that others can harvest the fruits in the future. So we must always take the first step and plant seeds although we may think that what we do doesn't bring much result.

Although, may I suggest this:
Is it possible that some of the fans don't like the new album because it's too easy to listen to? This one seems to flow too well while the others take a lot of adapting? Or is it because it's too soft? Or, do we expect David to stand out and be completely different all the time?

I don't think I make any sense.

zoe said...

I guess in my case, I'm getting too used to 'Black Tangerine' it's my 1st DT impression for me so it stuck there. can't be help that I felt 'too beautiful' was too smooth in comparison but I like that his voice stand out :)

so I'm atleast glad he didn't stuck to his older records.