20060815

China promo - Beijing

The huge can is just too cute ^__^ vry romantic-looking David during Beijing promo - watch here & pixs here.
Feel sry for him cos they asked him the same kinda questions ovr & ovr again, quite obvious they nvr even listen to the album. I think he must have said the same thing abt Jolin at least 20 times. The stupidest question is whether he will shoot mv for Chou Bichang for whom he wrote a song for her 1st album. David replied that the possibility is vry little as he is vry busy, he didn't even have time to produce the song for her. He did said that one of his 'disciples' produced the song for her & he was vry satisfied (wondered if it was Brian of Tension?). David will also be on Sina online chat today.
Most interesting is David has finally revealed what 'men, policemen' at the end of Olia meant. Its one of the many memorable quotes in the Ridley Scott directed cult movie Blade Runner. Just as I thought from a movie, clever me! Actually Blade Runner did cross my mind cos of the installed memories concept. Anyway at IMDb can read the quote, scroll down abt 2/3 & look for Batty or Leon. When I first watched Blade Runner 5/6 yrs ago, I didn't know whether to hate or love the movie. One can get rather suicidal thinking abt it & at that time I did not even have any DT albums to listen to. But if you haven't watch it, do put it on yr must-watch list cos its really thought-provoking. You can read extremely detailed synopsis here but be warned lotsa spoilers!
The movie plot is actually vry simple, Rick Deckard played by Harrison Ford has to hunt down & killed 5 replicants who have escaped & looking for their creator to prolong their limited lifespan. These replicants are vry special humanoids who have memories installed to make them 'more human'. Leon is one of the replicants who has been exposed but he wanted to go back to his home to get some photographs altho they are not real, they were created to go with the memories installed into him. Yet these photos are precious to him cos it represented the 'human' side of him who has a past & beautiful memories. These photos were found & taken away by Deckard. When Batty, the other replicant, said, "men, policemen" it actually has special meaning abt Deckard himself. But dun wanna reveal all & spoil it for those who has yet to see the movie.
Vry glad to solve the mystery of Olia & made me love the album even more. David is really such an intriguing man with extremely profound view of life in general & also a rather weird sense of humor I guess to insert this bit of movie trivia into his album. But that is the precise reason why I adore him so much & love his music to bits.
I have yet to read a good review of Beautiful but not really bothered abt it. Just find its annoying why they must want David to go on making socially conscious albums. Does he has a mandate to keep doing them? & if he doesn't, must he then be condemned as a failure? I think there is the msg in Wang Bu Liao as well, esp the rap parts where David is extolling both critics & listeners to forget abt his past albums cos he wanna 'move on' -- "everything is uh, everything is uh ... please don't keep sitting there pitying yourself ...forget her ... yes you can ... you are a man aren't you? ... I gave so much and yet you are not moved ... now whatever you want to do I will not be hurt ... I forget ... I forget ..." Or maybe I am being too fancifully imaginative ^__^

1 comment:

udonotknowme1 said...

Initially, I thought Beautiful didn't have a message. It was an awkward feeling - the doubt and preparation for disappointment (which I think many David fans had felt) - as I've always been very proud of David for being a man of substance and character.

I labelled "Too Beautiful" as just another love song, not paying attention to the lyrics.

However when I finally got the album, it made me happy, relaxed and loved. Listening to "Too Beautiful" made me realise that it wasn't just about any love but a selfless love and reminded me of God's love. Throughout the album, I hear messages of real love, letting go and finding true happiness.

My brother commented that the cover was ugly and that the case looked like a funeral program handout. I agreed, without thinking much about it.

Only after reading the credits, studying the lyrics and placing the CD back into the case did I notice these words.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; Yet They cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

Finally, I realise the significance of the cover. Perhaps it was coincidence, but it reminded me of Jesus, his death, the representation of his beautiful nature and his great love for us.

This album does have a message – a powerful one, indeed. It speaks of an eternal and true love, something that has been forgotten. While wars, catastrophes and natural disasters come and go, love abides. It is an integral part of humanity, yet its importance has been overlooked. The lack of love towards life, people and nature is the source of all these tragedies. Hence it is crucial to be reminded to love again – something David has always wanted to share with us all. Time to stop questioning and blaming God. It’s time to love.