20060422

The appointment of David

Vry atmospheric pix ... hair falling on his face *silent scream* ^__^ Love it but seriously most of the concert pixs r great. Apparently the Walkman endorsement is quite major one. Here's a brief reposted from interfax.com:
Sony Ericsson hires R&B star David Tao to endorse Walkman handsets
Shanghai. April 20. INTERFAX-CHINA - Sony Ericsson appointed Thursday Chinese R&B singer and producer David Tao to endorse its Walkman music handsets, in an effort to increase brand recognition of its mobile phones on the China market. Sony Ericsson has, to date, launched three Walkman-branded mobile phones in China, namely W800c, W550c, and W810c, with further models to be added later this year. David Tao, a Shanghai-born celebrity, is popular among young people in mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Tao will compose music for Sony Ericsson's Walkman handset series. In addition, Tao will participate in the mobile phone maker's promotional campaigns and endorse the Walkman handsets on print and outdoor media, TV, and the Internet, Sony Ericsson said in a statement.
While delighted of cos that David will get much exposure but now ppl will again complain he gone too commerical *sigh* Still if u cannot please everyone must as well please yrself. Also to ppl who come just to gloat abt poor David not in anything major - is Sony Walkman big enough? Actually some reports seemed surprised David got this endorsement. Even asked David abt rumor Sprite getting rid of him cos of his decreasing popularity but David said he only signed 2-yr contract with them. The Walkman contract also for 2 yrs but David declined to disclose his fee. Anyway the report said it reaffirmed David's heavenly king status *roll eyes*
Wonder if he pick up his 5 Pepsi awards? Actually really happy he is doing so well. I always believe that he is a shining beacon in the chinese music industry, & nice to see the recognition he finally getting. I will always continue to believe that David will stick to doing good music above anything else. If anything, this endorsement also means David will still be around for 2 yrs & not disappear to film his movie. So its all good.
Anyway so frustrated lately & inspired by screamingly funny parody of The Promise that I wrote below to amuse myself, but remember only for comic relief not criticism so dun get all chen kaige okie *_*:
Filming of another wuxia blockbuster in China masquerading as art film for western approval. All the major actors are sitting moodily around the set as 90% of the movie is done by stuntsmen and computer effects. In the corner, a small figure encumbered by his magnificent gold costume is mumbling to himself, "Ahhhhhh...this costume is so heavy ... so heavy ... so heavy. And why is that old actor so tall? I can't even reach his ears dammit with my special highheeled boots. Isn't he from HK? I thought they all short like Nic. The director has better make me taller than him, I am the diao one in this movie. And that Edison, how could he have got a Hollywood role before me? I am the diao one who won 2 Newcomer awards. So what if he can speak English. I speak Mandarin and noone understands me so why not English? What about that Rain? How can he be nominated as most influential in Time magazine? He is not diao at all. I am the influential one, the incomparable one, the one who influenced million of teens to mumble and look diao. And how dare Sony choose that Tao person as spokesman instead of me? I am the DIAO one who stole the r&b crown away from him. Wait till this movie get released, then they know who is the most diao. Ahhhhhhh...this costume is so heavy ... so heavy ... "

3 comments:

zoe said...

OMFG~!!!! thxs for the great laugh~!! it sound so 'LoTR'~!!! :XD:
I could hear him mumbling 'my precious~' just about now XD

the only thing I could think of is why didn't 'sony-ericson' used the singer from the sony label? they r quite popular .. too overrated sometimes tho :P

Zhao said...

Yo Zoe :P so glad to see ur comment cos was afraid u gone off David! Glad u like it cos just had to do it heehee well I think its cos most of the Sony singers already endorsing other phone brands & they also say David has a vry healthy image :D

zoe said...

lol~ sorry I got hook into the korean wave recently XD I'll wait for DT new album <3 & the concert DVD~!!! want it, must have it~!!!!