20060412

2 days to HK Love Can concerts

Less distressed today so sorry for the rant below *sigh* but these things happened. Thank you so much phiii & star in Comments for your thoughtful reassurance abt Love Can concerts, for sure you guys will have a wonderful time. I just don't wanna be one of those fans who feel their idol cannot do any wrong, so if I have any misgivings I prefer to voice it out. I don't wanna put David on a pedestal. I want him to be human, contradictory, struggling for his music & despairing of the current situation in Chinese entertainment. This make him more real to me than just this gorgeous image with an impossibly angelic voice.
Although I do take umbrage at ppl who again accused him of 'copying' Rain from some obscure Japanese band >"< David was in LA the whole time when he was writing & producing I'm OK so how on earth did hear this song? Rain mv won MTV award for best Chinese video, so why didn't somebody complained abt the plagiarism? Why wait till now? Cos its so not true.
Also I listened to the anime songs they accused him of 'copying' for Season of Loneliness & they reminded me of the banjo version of Moon River. There are certain similarly sounding chords in all the songs cos they all dealt with loneliness & longing. Anyway it seemed David wrote Season of Loneliness when working on Black Tangerine even before those 2 songs came out. Next time do some research before taking such a cheap shot at him again. Heehee its good to defend my wonderful idol cos no matter what I do believe in his honesty & sincerity. He will never lie to his fans for sure.
I am so pleased Edison Chen got to star in Grudge 2 & so hilarious that the Japanese director Takashi Shimizu picked Edison after seeing him in Initial D. Why? Cos Edison was supposed to be the lead role in Initial D but got demoted & always thought he was such a good sort not to complain or back out of the movie. So for once the right person got awarded & Edison landed his 1st Hollywood role. Actually it makes sense it should be Edison. He can speak English & looks that could appeal to the West like Keanu Reeves. I believe Edison has some Portugese blood. Anyway good luck to him!

No comments: