20060411

3 days to HK concerts

No new updates on David's hand. He must be vry nervous for someone who is so big on perfection but I believe he can still deliver a terrific performance. Had a pointless argument with someone abt how Love Can cannot measured up to Soul Power *roll eyes* I wonder why do ppl keep wanting the same thing over & over again? For sure David can do another series of concerts with the same theme as Soul Power & definitely it will be successful. But it will also be like the Red Queen always running just to stay in the same place. Its just not David's style. Also he is singing almost the same songs so it would probably be boring for him to do another series of concerts similar to Soul Power. Also it will have no fresh feeling when eventually *finger crossed* he released dvd/vcd of Love Can if both concerts are similar in style. I remembered Anita Mui once said that it was better to be true to yourself than tried to please all your fans. You may gain popularity & make a lot of money but in the end, the only person you ended up lying to is yourself. To be frank, I too long for a simpler, less chest-baring David. I too feel that all he need is a bare stage & his band. I too find its strange that he kept talking abt more simplicity in his music & yet his concerts are becoming more elaborate. He is a mess of contradictions but I also feel that he is still looking for his true self. Maybe he can't see the forest for the trees. Maybe he is trying too hard to put on a concert visually for the typical chinese audience who expect elaborate staging & costumes, & thinking that if he can produce the best sound on stage then its the best of both worlds. Maybe I am just mad cos the ppl who are supposed to go with me to HK concerts pulled out cos they felt Love Can fall short of Soul Power. I don't know cos you know maybe in my heart I kinda agree with them *sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zhaodi, although i have no doubt about David's simplicity in his latest music, i too, first doubted about the elaborate stage of his Love Can gigs. But then again, I believe David is always looking to attempt new ways to bring across his simple msges in his songs... which is why he stresses on the sound quality of all his gigs (unlike other artists, whom can have more elaborate costumes, backup dancers but a lousy sound system). It wouldnt have driven the point home, i feel. So to me, i feel that David is still emphasising on his simplicity of his music and delivering that across in his concerts, plus the added visual treat on stage. He is often so sincere whenever he brings his songs across. well, am sorry to hear that your friends backed out for HK. I will be attending the sat and sun gigs, so drop me an email at phiii88@hotmail.com if you want to go together. =) yes, am definitely looking forward to see what david has in store for HK, coz i believe that he will not let his hand injury be a letdown to the HK crowds. Nevertheless, I do hope his hand recovers well soon. best,phiii

Anonymous said...

I'm from Singapore, and I was absolutely thrilled by Love Can. I first became a die-hard fan after watching Soul Power, and then Love Can in sg was so good that I'm going to fly to HK to catch it again! I really loved the way the stage was decorated with green foliage, and his costumes looked really good with the backdrop. And having the lovely erhu players add to the performance was a great touch. I personally felt that I wasn't bored for a single second during Love Can, and DT has proved he's versatile and still as creative as ever!


Star

Zhao said...

Thank you so much phiii & star, u guys r the bestest of the best :) unfortunately my friends did not get tickets so I cannot go :(