20051020

Tension and poetry

Part of a vry large Sprite poster, courtesy davidcn. He looks incredibly sweet, esp like the hand holding the mike. Not much news but seem a few activities in China but the translation is beyond me @ the moment sry. Posting sum pixs of Tension as promised for Jae.
Here's John & Andy attending David's concert in Shanghai I think. John's the one in white.
Group pix during their promo in China, Jimmy is the one slightly upright. He is part Korean, his mom I believe is Korean & of cos his dad is the famed Samo Hung. Tension on their break @ the moment & not sure when they will be back with sum new music. Really like them not just cos they r David's disciples but they make such great music. Pixs credit attension.com
Its strange when ppl wondered why Rain is so popular when both his songs & singing r not so great. As if there is such great music & singing coming from the chinese side. God I am so tired of the candy pop & the pretentious poetic lyrics. Poetry is the measured language of emotion. It's literature bringing out the beauty of the spoken word, its rhythm, rhyme & harmony. Surely setting poetry to music will defeat this purpose. I am sorry but I have never understood why it's so clever to write song lyrics like a poem. Maybe its just me. *sigh*

No comments: