20051027

Song for Anita

Vry charming here. Dear wonderful chandelier has translated the following:

Song for Anita
She came to mind, I can't help thinking of what was left unsaid
Youth aged suddenly, so quickly
Waiting...like the smiling Mona Lisa

Looking at her, like a flower precariously blooming on the edge of the cliff
Shall I let memory go beyond what's hidden
Love, takes away all my fear and concern

When will the everlasting wind cease to blow?
How long shall I endure this pain?
In my eyes,
The four seasons come and go, and had become eternal
The withered heart need not anyone's pity or discernment
She, is a dream, I never would want to wake from...
Anita
Music by David Tao, lyrics by David Tao & WaWa, sang by David Tao in The Great Leap 2005

I think she really got the feel of the whole song. She translated My Anata too, will post @ forum. Anyway this got me outta my sulky mood thanx chandelier *hugz* Still a bit mad @ how the media is writing abt David but really its nothing new. Reminded me Anita was quite the patroness, always supporting local talents in HK.
I remembered when I was kinda recuperating in Sydney how my auntie would support the local art scene by dragging me to all kinda experimental theater. The interesting thing was where they were staged. Once in a crypt where it was so cold my toes were totally numbed despite wearing kneehigh boots. Then in the museum where we had to follow the actors around the exhibits. In a kinda clock tower where we had to sit on the spiral staircase looking down on a makeshift stage, also we had to get up every half an hour as there were men in cloaks walking up & down the stairs carrying lanterns. In a disused train station where the stage was the sunken track. Although majority of the plays were not great there were some gems like a wonderful version of Red Riding Hood which explored old age where the wolf fell in love with the granny instead of eating her, a multicultural comedy set in a bistro & updated version of Harold Pinter's The Servant. Yeah it was a great way to support local playwrights & artists.

No comments: