20051010

Sprite, soup and David

Pretty quiet except for sum wild voting for Sin hit award heehee not that I believe in internet voting anyway, same as awards. Dun forget Love Can concert on sale today 10/10. The seating arrangement @ Indoor Stadium not free but by ticket so that means earlier booking means better seats.
Great pix courtesy davidcn, dun he look super cute all dripping wet ^__^ Sprite promo pix, also credit davidcn.
I have been listening to a few Asian singers like Bird Thongchai McIntyre & Siti Nurhaliza & tell the truth, they are so much better than chinese singers. I really tried listening to a range of chinese singers but they all seemed to imitate emotion & singing than actually singing the song, not sure how to explain.
I am reminded of Andy Warhol's Campbell Soup prints. He was not imitating a soup can in the prints but celebrating it as a very ordinary, everyday item in the supermarket that is nonetheless beautiful. Its like David's songs, you probably dun find anything truly remarkable or surprising. No great burst of fireworks but fireworks while brilliant only last for a while, whereas we have to go thru the normal, ordinary things in life every day. So one need to be reminded how wonderful they can be. So yeah Campbell Soup & David's music, 2 great classics.

5 comments:

zoe said...

wow~ it truly honor to find u praise Thai musician here ~ eventho I'm not Bird fan at all [never was & never will] he's more like entertainer than a singer so I never get attracted to him.. I think he know how to sing & dance & how to cooed his fans but he lack the artist personality I find in David :) his music arrangement doesn't suit my ears either ^^; I think 'Boyd Kosiyapong' is more likely my fav Thai artist coz he wrote all his songs & he got R&B flavor in them~ <3 <3 I have to admit that I gave up on Thai music until I met Boyd music~ it was like god sent~ truly amazing ;)

I havn't listen to new Chinese music lately ^^; [only David~!!]

gosh! I luff that second Sprite promotion pic XD he look so charming~<3

Anonymous said...

At one of the MTV Asia Awards that Bird Thongchai attended, I consider his performance to be the highlight of the whole show!! He was that good!! Thai fans are lucky.

Went online to do a mini-search on Bird Thongchai & found that he has been in showbiz since the 1980s!! A true superstar to have lasted this long.

Anonymous said...

its MTV Asia 2004 held in Singapore...

Zhao said...

TQ anon for yr info, but yeah zoe I do like Thai musicans & actors like Tony Jaa, I thought he is really superb. I understand what u meant abt Bird being more an entertainer but he also put a lot of soul into his performances & he CAN sing. Following yr recommendations, I will see if I can find sum music of Boyd Kosiyapong to enjoy ^_^

Ivan said...

i agree with u on the fireworks part..