20061212

Freeing DT

David will be participating in charity concert on 12/23. For KIC which apparently stands for Knowledge & Innovation Community but no idea what kinda charity, still he looks fabulous in the poster ^__^ Also new 4G handset from Walkman featured the full Walk On song not the cm version. So close to the end of yr & there will be the usual listings -- top selling albums, best albums of the year, top earning stars, etc. Just wanna warn that David probably will not be in many of these lists or receive many awards. Initially I would get disappointed if he is not in these lists but now I realised it dun matter. Like in Walk On, he urged us to listen & follow the melody in our hearts. During Music on Fire interview, he said that he understands very well the demands of current music market, so its whether or not he wants to give the listeners what they want. Oftentimes he just refused to give because to him, its like betraying his own music. I know lots will say he is using this as an excuse to explain why he is not so popular. I cannot change their opinion nor do I care.
Sometimes I get angry that he is not fulfilling his potential to be great. But then I watch him being interviewed & noticed the fatigue & unwillingness in his eyes. He is happiest when he is performing in a concert but its a shortlived happiness. After that, he had to faced the media & then nxt morning, found out that they taken his words out of context again. It must be tiring. I read a post from this girl who saw him in the hotel during his concert in KL. He came down with his assistant to have breakfast. He looked wary when he saw the girl looking at him & only relaxed when she did not approach him. Imagine living like this, fearful to be recognised. "If you love somebody, set them free" Famous words from Sting. So even though I want David to be a high achiever but I know that's not what he wants. So many opportunities he let slip, insisting on doing things his way, never caring what others say or write abt him. Perhaps he will nvr rise to the heights of Lou Dayou, but I am ok with it. I have his music to accompany me & that's all that matters. I will just go & listen to Walk On ^__^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. There are times when we get disappointed (especially in those we love) because they are not realising (what we assume) their full potential.

But I realise that just like us, they're humans too. They have their own dreams and visions. All they want, is to live their life.

Even if they try to please us, they may fall short of our expectations. There is no guarantee that we will like the change.

Hence, I couldn't agree more with Sting. It's hard, but only when we do that, do we realise how great the power of love can be.

Zhao said...

Thanx for yr comments sukyee!