20060721

14 days to album release

Some mv pixs of Can't Forget. As expected fans not too sure abt this song saying that its messy & odd using way too many styles. I think it probably sound messy to a lot of ppl used to manufactured music that they expect homogenous melody and repetitious sample bridging. I don't think the song is messy at all but still its all a matter of personal taste. I love the raw sound of different clashing sounds coming all together but with harmony esp towards the end & then David launched into that amazing rap & the ending is just right. David really knows how to end a song but I still think the intro is a bit much ^__^ But what I love most of all is the record scratching during the beginning of the second verse, so WICKED haha cos its an 50s old song & would be on vinyl. So in this song maybe he is like a dj doing a remix in his own creative way. Could be why he did that hoppy intro.
Actually I was thinking he might redo it like Tuberose but we should know by now David always tries not to repeat what he has done before. What's the point of redoing another old song in his trademark r&b style even tho his fans will love to hear another one? But David don't always try to please his fans. That's what I love abt him, he will always go his own way & hope that we follow him. Anyway for sure there will be more listenable songs in his album as he will try to please his fans in some way. Btw I didn't post up the song cos dun wanna encourage illegal dling of his 1st single. But of cos I understand some maybe in countries where impossible to hear the song so link to listen but can be slow loading (Link courtesy Shocksound). Hopefully someone may upload the mv on youtube. Meantime can listen to SHE's Ella sing I love you in HK concert with virtually the whole audience singing along *__* & here one of the judges in Happy Sunday also sing I love you to show the contestant how not to imitate David while singing it. Actually when he said that its his fav ktv song then everybody started cheering -- not sure why? Another judge kinda criticise him by saying you cannot find any sign of DT in his singing at all which is true. Anyway this is a vry popular program where ppl come & sing & usually got torn apart by the judges

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to the song and I actually disagree with you. I am normally a big fan of David's originality but in my humble opinion I think this song is as commercial and generic as it gets. It sounds like an advertising jingle. Of course, it is saved by his great vocals, but I was very disappointed overall. I really hope the rest of the album is much better.

Zhao said...

It will not be a David Tao album if there is no discord among his fans :) Actually majority of fans cannot accept it so if its commercial & generic, then shouldn't it be a more acceptable K song? But still thanx for yr comments & hope u will like some of the songs in the new album.

zoe said...

when I heard the song & my thought was 'this is something David would compose with Tension' very energetic & pop music XD his rapping just darn perfect!!

Zhao said...

Hiya Zoe, so glad u like the song, yeah, many have commented that its vry Tensionish :D

Anonymous said...

I guess commercial is the wrong word choice. I guess I meant that I feel it is a bit of a cookie-cutter song and that there is nothing original or unique about it. I guess I just feel the song is kind of cliche and something I feel I heard a million times before. I really do hope I like the rest of the album.....