20040905

BELIEVING IN DAVID AGAIN!



Is this for real???? Just when imma feeling so sad cos of David's slackness, I read this - how he isolated himself & played the drums & guitar late at night. I feel like crying cos think I kinda lost faith in him last nite. Alrite they might haf given him the award cos of EMI & Sprite but still he deserved it. He really the best that chinese music haf to offer & we as fans must go on supporting him even tho he really is slack kekekekekekeke. But then so is my fav director Wong Kar Wai, & yet even Cannes waited 4 him cos he is a genius. Till today he still haf not finished editing 2046.
Can imagine David playing drums & guitars late at nite, so painful yet so sweet. He really wanna produced the best or he is not happy, always the perfectionist.
Sum chinese critic once said that there r 500 David Taos in the US, & only 1 Jay in Taiwan. Then why r there so many Jay type music around & so little David, could it be cos Jay music easier to produce? Heck even my ex-bf can do Jay music & he a failed musician. Why do so many singer/writer started up sounding like David (eg Anson Hu, Wayne Lin, Hins Cheung) & ended up sounding like Jay? Not saying they r no good. All of them r talented in their own rights but they r all doing the same sound cos its easier & quicker to produce an album with that kinda sound. The only songwriter who dun sound like Jay is Lee Hom & he suffered for it cos not really regarded as cool & 'with it' as the rest of the pack. Do u really want the chinese music industry to be flooded with Jay sound? Its ok for even 5 or 6 albums, but 10 or 20?

Not 4 me, I want real music, I want music from someone who stayed up late at nite strumming on his guitar & beating his drums. And if I haf to wait a lifetime for this kinda music, well, Cannes waited for 2046 rite, and dun think I haf to wait too long cos I believe in David, simple as that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hins definately have his own style. Listen to more of his song and u will realise this.