20040811

DEAR GOD



Just finished watching the 6.30 news
Tragedy is being enacted again
There's a mother holding her son's photo
Longing for his return
Cannot finish watching this vision
Turn my head and my tears begin to flow
Punishment or a test?
How many hearts are waiting to be broken?

Love, love, the world has forgotten about love
Nobody believe, nobody believe, love anymore
Justice and peace has become a joke
I really don't want to live in this kind of city

Topics of violence and bloodshed are common news
Becoming entertainment, no reasoning
Escapism for the masses, everybody playing games
But if you don't have the money, nobody cares
In my heart I feel the rage
But I can only calm down and be numb
Using lives as stake for gambling
How long will all these crazes last?

Love, love, love in this world has no meaning
Nobody cares, nobody cares, there is no love
I really want to open my mouth and shout abuse
But it's not my crime, it's not my crime
Please don't blame me

Dear God
Why do You close your eyes and not solve the problems
Why pretend not to see, why pretend not to see
Please tell me
Please tell how I can find and let love return
Because its impossible for me to leave this forsaken city
I cannot leave, oh no
Because this forsaken city, this forsaken city
It's still my home

Just watch the news broadscasting from afar
It's like a neverending nightmare
Please give me some strength to continue living
Dear God, where are You?

Music by David Tao, lyrics by David Tao & Wah Wah, sang by David Tao from his Black Tangerine album

No comments: