20060617

In the name of David

Attended a Malay wedding today which could be why I got all hot & bothered on the shoutbox, sry heehee but they have rather amateur singers & terrible sound system which echoed horrendously & still ringing in my ears. But I did enjoyed it tremendously - the food was fabulous & the bride gorgeous altho she did floored me cos she had many changes of costumes & one was a red chinese wedding gown.
So I apologise to geha & thank you so much cookiemonster & loveissimple for coming to my defence - you are both so sweet *muak* so Voltaire ^__^ Yes I was quoting him on free speech of cos: I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Altho it was attributed to him but he never actually wrote it. What he did write was: I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. Think I will have that engraved on my tombstone *__*
But geha is right in that along with free speech also comes responsibility but I think I am pretty responsible in my blog. Yes, I criticised a few celebrities but it's what known as constructive criticism. I do it because it does belong in a blog all about David Tao Zhe. Voltaire also wrote: Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. I admire & appreciate David because of who he is. His music reflects that. He is not afraid to come out & say it when he felt something is not right. That is why in his thank you speech he said we are the ones who can change the world.
But how can we change the world if we don't even have an opinion, or having one but still dare not voice it out loud, or want to prevent others from voicing their opinions? I think if you are a reasonable person then you will find the criticisms on my blog fairly responsible. However if you are Jay or Leehom fan, then you might think otherwise. I wanted to highlight Hu Defu's comments because I admire him & felt that his years of wisdom add weight to them. I also urged Leehom fans to go & celebrate with him on his blog so they can feel happy but unfortunately that blog turned out to be bogus >"<
I have read many, many, many criticisms abt David, some slanderous, on other sites but I am not too bothered abt them. If you are his fan, you will believe in him. If you are not, then nothing can be done to change your mind. I do admit of cos being such an uber fan that I used to worry abt his reputation sometimes but never to the extent of getting into a virtual fight. But now I know that David's reputation cannot be tarnished by such postings cos as Rachel said in Comments - "Every small little action tells a lot about a person."
I know this blog is in David's name but it does not mean that I have to do as David or like what he likes. I cannot suppress my own personality not even for love of David. I hope you guys understand that if you are to continue reading my blog. I truly believe that if David ever reads my blog and disapprove of what I write about him, he will never stop me from continuing to write it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Leehom fan along with a David fan.

Although sometimes this blog may seem a bit biased, I mean what can you expect? IT's A DAVID TAO FANSITE. I mean I don't come on a DAVID TAO fansite expecting the webmaster to be dissing DAVID TAO and claiming how good Leehom or JAy is hahaha. And it's a blog..so let's not start a e-war, LOL.

Ok anyway, I guess as a Leehom fan I'm a bit dissapointed at what Hu Defu said becuase I think Leehom is just as talented as David is in every shape in form, but in a different way and I guess some people just can't "appreciate" everything. And everyone has different opinions.

Just like personally I don't like people like Rain or Se7en because to me they arn't musicians, more entertainers. I think it's so much more rare for someone like David to be in the industry than someone like Se7en or RAin. It's not rare to see a good dancer, even just at school, with a mediocore voice. I think both Rain and Se7en have ok voices, there is really nothing impressive, there is no wide range or anything. And that's once again my opinion, I know plenty of people disagree that's why they have their legions of fans. :)

As for Jay, I'm also a fan, but his latest music and attitude hasn't been satisfying my hunger for what I want in an artist. But I'm going off on a tangent, I just recently discovered GAry Cao. Leehom mentioned Gary and JJ LIN on a CNN interview on newcomers he liked and I decided to check Gary's music out and WOW I really like it!!!!

udonotknowme1 said...

Suk Yee:
Woah... All this happened in the weekend? This happens all the time! Last time I saw such an argument was at an American Idol fan site.

There is no need for the blog's name to be changed. Anyone with eyes who can read can see the disclaimer and the obvious fact that the posts are made by a David fan and not the man himself!

We need to be more open minded... and honour people's freedom of speech. No wonder I hear news of David songs being banned in China. (Do correct me on this if I'm wrong.) Fear is not good.

Anonymous said...

hey..nice blog actually..
i can't wait to go for his concert this coming oct.
hopefully nothing happen on my way back from thailand...croxx fingar.....