20060221

A lighter David

News that David already in HK *excited* & maybe we get to see sum new pixs soon. Below he talk abt his new album:
Monday February 20, 2006
Taiwanese singer David Tao says new album will be lighter

HONG KONG (AP) - Taiwanese singer-songwriter David Tao said Monday his new album, due out in the middle of the year, will contain less rock and won't explore such heavy topics as his earlier work.
"I don't have an overwhelming desire to produce something too serious,'' Tao told reporters in Hong Kong, where he is promoting his upcoming concerts. "It will be a lighter album.''
But he denied he was adjusting his sound to cater to tastes in a Chinese-language market saturated by sappy love songs.
"It's my state of mind now,'' Tao said. "I know the albums I produce burden some audiences. They are too serious.''
On Tao's last album, "The Great Leap 2005,'' he explored the oppressiveness of city living in the track "Ghost.'' An earlier song, "Black Tangerine,'' deals with depression.
Still, Tao said he is driven to produce non-conventional music.
"The whole environment prompts me to want to challenge the market, challenge listeners, apart from challenging myself,'' he said.
Tao said his upcoming concerts in Hong Kong will be rain forest-themed and feature a used helicopter. He said a depressed concert tour market puts pressure on singers to put on high quality shows.-AP
I nvr feel burdened by his music, just inspiring. So sad that he felt his audience cannot accept his 'serious' music, but still cannot expect him to always inject realism into his music. If he feels in the mood to produce a 'lighter' more refreshing album, yeah that will be good too *can't wait* With his voice, he can sing anything & still sound good heehee but as he said he will still continue to challenge the market. Just dun start another trend like 'chinese opera/r&b' & I will be happy ^__*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love david's work.
I think the media is stupid, good music is good music..not everything has to be all happy. As long as david follows his heart.

I'll support good music whether it's rap, chines opera, r/b, rock, or "depressing music". I don't even know why they want to categorize him so much. I think David has good songs in almost every category from Black tangerine to susan shou, it pisses me off when reporters try to box his creativity.

Actually I don't care if he follows a trend...good music is good music, you don't neccesary have to TRY to stand out. Your good music will stand out. So David I will support you forever, no matter what road you cchoose! :) YAY