20070827

Some singer

Watch DT interview @ Dong Feng & it was vry enjoyable. He wore a black sleeveless vest over b/w shirt & faded jeans - vry retro but he looked astonishingly young. So young that Tianxi looked almost like an older sister nxt to him. Still glad it was her & not the usual Patty as the latter tends to talk a bit too much & quite often abt herself. Tianxi was also not her usual acerbic self & let David off lightly re recent rumors although it could have been EMI's request. But she did get at David in the end when she fairly bristled with female indignation at David's remark that the woman he marry must bear children for him hehe I always suspected David is just that little bit male traditional chauvinist where family, marriage & career are concerned.
Andrew Chu appeared many times to chat abt David's habits & character mostly during concert time. He revealed that David would always make sure the hotel they were staying had a good gym then try & get the band mbrs to work out with him. David joked that he wanted to torture them ^__^ then said that he just wanted them to be in good physical condition for their wives or gfs. Andrew also revealed that David has a way of punishing them for making mistakes by making them drink cans of beer in the after concert celebration. Although drinking beer is a strange form of punishment, shouldn't it be not have any beer to drink? Andrew said that David always seems in control of almost everything in his concert right down to wandering among the seats to have an idea of what the audience is seeing & hearing.
David kept saying he was vry fortunate to have the chance to hold concerts in Superdome again. He said that his company is hoping to add a 3rd show & admitted that he will definitely feel the pressure for ticket sales. His TW fans refuted the 20% sales rumor saying more than 50% already sold for 10/27 without any media advertising. Anyway I suddenly remember what Charlotte the spider said to Wilbur the pig abt ppl believing things in print when she was trying to save him by spinning words in her web. Some pig. Some singer. I may not be able to save you from ppl trying to kill yr reputation but certainly I will always continue to spin the truth in my litte corner of blog web for you *__*
One thing I noticed is once again his maturity. He really has developed & come a long way in fine style. Maybe its because I haven't seen him for so long in a tv interview that I noticed the growth. Its like seeing the angst driven singer/songwriter in Black Tangerine again but older, more matured, more sophisticated, more determined. There are still unshed tears behind the keen, watchful eyes, the smile even more ingenuous & unabashedly sweet, the expression open yet guarded. He may pretend to be a hard taskmaster but somehow you know that if any of his staff went to him with a problem, he will not hesitate to help out at all cost *my hero* Anyway judge for yourself with 3 clips of the interview uploaded by DTFCer. (Vid links credit & thanks to DTFC)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like Darcy but better. *gushes*

I loves his interviews. I'd hang on to every word. Retro is so in!

Thanks for everything Zhaodi!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the concert is so awesome! I love the simplicity!

Oops. Spam. I can't help it.

Zhao said...

No prob sukyee spam away :D

Tora said...

Thanks Zhaodi for posting the videos and to DTFC for providing the links. Loved watching it - I crave every news, and audio and video clip of DT!

Thanks!!! =O)

skybebe (vic)

Zhao said...

Hi hi skybebe, its been a while since you post!!

Tora said...

Hi Zhaodi

Yup, it's been a while...sorry...but this has always been one of the top websites for me! Thanks for the great work you do and with such perseverance! I appreciate it!

I hope you get a chance to watch DT in concert. As for me, being in Australia, it's a bit difficult but perhaps one day when I head to Singapore, I can!!!! I look forward to that!

Have a fantastic weekend!

=O) skybebe