20080616

DT & new beginning

So happy to see DT's new msg. He is back ^__^ and a new beginning sounds promising. So touching that he mentioned not only Sichuan earthquake but Myanmar's cyclone disaster as well. I did think of mentioning Myanmar but just felt that the situation there is beyond any kind of charitable help but of cos that does not mean that one should not contribute in some way. Also my heart shrivelled up everytime I think of Aung San Suu Kyi, surely the most unsung hero of our modern times. She gave up her family, her freedom & her health to suffer alongside her people for her country but you think the world care? They rather paid homage to a freewheeling monk who doesn't seem to have suffered much for his country & his people, many of whom had perished in the earthquake.
True to his artistic temperament :P David told us not to expect a 'David Tao album' & even fear losing his listeners. Dear DT, you should have faith in us. We are not your fans cos of your chart topping K songs. Anyway he has not let me down in the past so I am looking forward to his new 'experimental' album. Actually I often wish he is less kind to his fans cos I think in his past albums, he gave us a bit too many ear candies *__* but all gratefully received rest assured.
In this review of Vitas Lu's new album, the reviewer waxes lyrically of the purity of his sound recording which is a relief to me as I often wonder if I heard the same thing as others. However he only gave 3 stars which could be cos the album lacks ear candies. He said of one song in the r&b genre which features the guitar that had it been David Tao, the song could have become a K song favourite. See what I meant abt David being too kind to his fans. I remembered in one interview, David kinda told off his fans not to keep asking him to write the same kind of music but to let him have room for growth & development then hurriedly promised that he would still give us ear candies. At that time I was happy that he did so & I am still happy now cos we would not have Susan said, Marry me today, Love Can, So Beautiful. But it is indeed time for a brand new beginning. So do not fear my dear DT, we have grown with you & we will be able to accept anything you give us like Free & 好好活下去 which are vry unDT songs. Although I do hope that he will still keep to his original idea of a rock album but hey I can wait if he felt he is not ready to do one yet *__~

4 comments:

Janling said...

He is definitely not letting us down and he is definitely working hard around!
He has made a happy Father's day clip or Roadshow HK and it's showing on the buses in HK.....

Anonymous said...

I look forward to explore into his originality and spirit in his new album! Excited!

Anonymous said...

It's time to move forward! I can't wait to hear something new and learn from DT.

What? No ear candy in Vitas Lu's album? But it sounds so sweet to my ears! Where can I get it?

Zhao said...

Thanks Janice, so lucky HK fans can see him while in the bus :) Hi hi Anne! Hey Sukyee, glad u like vitas, he is growing on me. Such a cutie too :P but not sure if his album available in Malaysia. He is not that wellknown yet.