20070401

In loving memory of Leslie

As usual 4/1 always brings along a tinge of sadness. Leslie Cheung suffered from acute depression & on this day 4 years ago he leapt to his death. Guess I can kinda relate to Leslie cos I used to be extremely depressed myself. Funnily enough I also found this blog entry where the blogger who is not DT fan & quite indifferent to his music, yet nevertheless was moved to the point of 'awakening' by his concert. I also can kinda relate to her as this was also what I felt when I first heard his music except I knew it was his music whereas she never did give credit to David ^__^ Since she is not DT fan, she probably will nvr visit a DT blog so guess can criticise her a little heehee Anyway you can tell she is rather self-obsessed to the point that she did not realised that it was his music who was giving her the power & strength to feel again. In a way, DT fans are extremely fortunate that the majority of us love him because we can feel the power of his music. In this world, there are many like this blogger who somehow cannot appreciate or do not understand that good music really has this power. Or maybe they think only classical music has the power to stimulate. The first time I heard Black Tangerine, it just opened up a floodgate of emotions. Like someone telling me I was not alone in feeling depressed & that I could be saved. Listening to the line What kind of hero do you want to be? I can see you are only a pawn I felt so enlightened. At last there was really someone who not only knew the real meaning of 'hero' but could sing it with such conviction. Perhaps reading this u think I am merely idolising DT ... but the fact remains that a sensitive, talented, beautiful man loved by many could be driven by depression to leap off a tall building *sob*
(Pix credit SGFC) Sry to be so emotional but this day just brings it out >"< Anyway SGFC has posted heaps of marvellous concert pixs like the one above @ their forum, the best I have seen. DTFC also has some great concert pixs posted & lots more concert clips @ youtube, enjoy! Btw was the autograph session @ Metro Square cut short prematurely & many fans who lined up did not get DT autograph? Hope not cos its so unlike David who always tried to sign for everybody in the queue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The press conference + autograph session was scheduled for 5-7, signing started at 5:30, and ended at 6:00. So it was only half an hour. Yes, part of the line was cut off...I guess people who didn't come early enough to line up didn't get to get an autograph. :(

udonotknowme1 said...

This is why I choose to be loyal to David.

I love him and I thank God everyday for bringing David's music into my life. If I never heard "I Believe" and all the other songs, I wouldn't been so wasted that I couldn't even write this comment right now.

That's the power of music.

Anonymous said...

Yes, unfortunately, not everyone there was able to get an autograph from David. However, he signed very quickly and did his best to meet alot of fans. It was really incredible how many ppl he WAS able to sign for in so short a time. I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that the people who were unable to get autographs were people who lined up at (or very close to) 5pm or after. Anyone who arrived a bit earlier or even at 4:30 (one of my friends) were able to get autographs. DT was extremely polite and took initiative to greet all his fans before they were all the way up to the table haha!

Sorry things have been so busy for me these days, but I'll have a concert report and photos to contribute ASAP! =]