20070324

6 days to Toronto concert

Oh dear think I am confusing everyone abt the Metro Square event. I have no idea what will be going on there but like Alice said, if you turn up for the event for sure you will be able to see David & get his autograph. If you have concert ticket, it will not hurt to bring it along. Just turn up @ Metro Square on 3/28 if you planning on going. DO NOT let anything stop you as it is such a great opportunity to meet David. Also to meet other DT fans. If you are the kinda fan who moans abt friends not knowing who David is & despairs of ever meeting anyone who likes DT as much as you do ^__^ well wanna know something - WE EXIST *__*
Ate a madeleine today, dun know why cos I am not too fond of sweet pastries. I did not dunk it in tea not like Proust nor did I had any remembrance of things past but I did think of Lain. There was a scene at the end where I always get highly emotional where she met her dad for the vry last time. She had just erased herself from the memories of everybody who had contact with her, basically erasing her vry existence. Then her dad said next time they should have tea & madeleine. Madeleine being a Proustian metaphor for memories.
I thought of David writing Olia & putting that line from Bladerunner at the end. He never really explained why he did that. Some even sneered that it was gimmicky. Perhaps for him, it represented memories the way madeleine did for Proust. After all he had been a policeman before & he must have memories of that time. But it really opens my eyes to how important memories are. In fact our very existence is affected by our memories, just that we never quite realised it until like Proust, the taste, smell or sound of something triggered our mind to release the memories & we suddenly realised that the memories have always been there urging us to follow our dreams *sigh* Of cos Proust did it first & made the world see how a simple piece of cake could be so evocative. He did it by writing abt it in vry beautiful prose. I don't know if David has ever read Remembrance of Things Past, maybe he did, maybe he didn't. But he too realised the importance of memories & why we should always cherish them, only he did it in a very beautiful, evocative song. So maybe David can be regarded as the modern Proust ^__^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey all,

Details on the Metro Square event have been kinda sketchy. I'm not clear on exactly what is going on. Most advertisements and such only state the date and time, so I don't think there is any special requirement.

A friend who has been to such Taipan events before has said that in the past, some events were pretty packed. As a result, they issued wristbands to the people who got there earliest. But he also said he has never had a problem getting an autograph. But I guess what we fans can take from this is that it doesn't hurt to get there early. The response for this event seems to be really good, so if you show up at 5pm you might be greeted by a large crowd. Good luck everyone! And maybe i'll see some of you there! =]

Alice: The event sounds awesome... I really wish I could commit to going. You and the other fans really deserve a lot of credit for putting it together. Make sure you take lots of pictures! The best reward would be to have DT show up... I really hope he can make it! He's good about these things... =]

Zhaodi: Glad to hear ur much better now =]

Anonymous said...

Hi Jia,
It cheers me up when I find someone like you who cares so much. You have certainly helped out a lot of people. Hope to see you soon.