20050730

14 days to concert

I really need to get sum sleep +__+ but wanna do a countdown post. David should be in Singapore according to this interview, so if you see a guy in town resembling him, it could well be him but plse give him personal space as he is preparing for his concert & needs it. Talking abt personal space, ever since I came back here I noticed sumthing rather strange. A few times when I am sitting in a near empty train or bus or foodcourt, some woman will come & sit next to me rather than chose an empty seat. I value my personal space & feel rather awkward having someone so close to me when there is plenty of space, but dun wanna move cos might cause offence. Is there a reason for this behavior? Maybe these women afraid to sit by themselves for some reason. Its vry puzzling.
Anyway to answer missred, yes, seen the movie Breakfast at Tiffany & read the novella by Truman Capote. The movie is worth watching for Audrey Hepburn & the nameless cat, but dun really capture the essence of Truman's story abt a girl called Holly Golightly. Another lovely thing in the movie is the theme song called Moon River written by Henry Mancini which won both Oscar & Grammy for best original song. Audrey as Holly actually strummed the guitar & sang the song in the movie. Cos she had no training as a singer, the vocals were written to be sung in only one octave. She still sang much better than a lot of Asian pop singers heehee. Can listen to midi of Moon River here
"Moon river, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style someday,
Oh, dream maker, you heartbreaker,
Wherever you're goin'
I'm goin' your way
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waitin' round the bend
My Huckleberry friend
Moon river and me"
Lyrics by Johnny Mercer, Music by Henry Mancini
Audrey as Holly pushed poor kitty out of the car into the rain.
More pixs of the cat with no name.

3 comments:

Zhao said...

Thanx funkysmell

zoe said...

the funny thing is.. I actually d/l the song 'Moon River' by various artist a couple of days ago.. just coz I wanna listen to songs with 'moon' in it XD I got a male ver. but it was pretty good also :) I havn't seen the movie yet~

'z1 said...

moon river was sung by Anwar Robinson in American Idol as well =)