20060519

The music of time

Couple of pixs taken by & much thanks to DTFC mbr for those who wanna see more of David in Suzhou. Hands up those who love the Walkman song ^__^ Its really cool & altho the spoken "Yo I call you later" is kinda hackneyed but still works in a cm for cellphone esp when the speaker sounds so sexy heehee I love that he used 3 rather diff styles for his 3 cm songs. They are all such surprises, altho I still hope he dun put any of them into his new album. He could inlcude them as bonus songs I guess but I still want my full 10 new songs :P
Article for fans of Gary Cao & here his blog where he writes in english which is surprising. I thought he is more prone to chinese cos his mandarin sounds very natural. Also I think he is vry attractive, vry man which is more my liking than the 'requisite typical good looks'. Anyway the trend for singer/songwriter is becoming more nerd than hunk surely, look at James Blunt & Daniel Powter. Gary will fit right in.
Just wanna bring something up abt what David said when asked which award he would like to win in GMA. He said "the Best Album award as a recognition of my teamwork with other musicians." I felt so touched that he never forgot to acknowledge the ppl who had worked with or helped him. Like the way he paid homage to Anita Mui during the HK concerts & also in TW concerts he thanked a lot of ppl who helped & supported him. Also re-reading his msg where he talked abt his new album - "Like previous albums, this one will reflect on my life as a diary does for some." I feel he has so much respect for his albums, its not just a product to be marketed to the public. It will not come with new flavours or a spoon for convenience. I am sorry but that's how I feel most Chinese albums are being marketed like instant noodles to be consumed straightaway & discarded. He also apologised for his previous two albums being darker and heavier - "when you look at the scope of somebody’s work everything balances out with one making up for another."
This quote reminded me of Anthony Powell, an English author who wrote a 12-volume work called A Dance to the Music of Time, each volume released in a single book making 12 separate books for 1 splendid complete novel. Somehow it made me feel that David is doing the same thing with his albums ^__^

No comments: