20060506

6 GMA nominations!

Congratulations to David for 6 nominations in GMA:
Best song - The art of war
Best album - The Great Leap
Best video - Ghost
Best song arrangement - The art of war
Best producer - The Great Leap
Best male singer
Dun have to win any cos GMA is notorious for this kinda letdown, just delighted that he is nominated. Guess most fans would like him to attend but if he dun feel comfortable attending then its his call I guess. Even if I am not a DT fan, I would still say The Great Leap is one of the best Mandarin albums released in 2005 so whether he get any awards really irrelevant.
Maybe the only award I like to see him get is Best male singer but he is up against singer god Jackie Cheung ... Honda Civic has clip of him singing cm song & watching it, I got so emotional. He not only sings well but he makes you feel it. There are some singers who sings beautifully but hardly moves you just wow she can really sing, great voice eg Faye Wong. There are some singers who rock your world but you wish he has a little more range eg Wubai. Then there's David, listening to him is so much enjoyment on so many levels. Its almost like great art, either you feel it or you don't but when you do, wow you really feel it ^__^ Guess I am rambling but I always cannot believe how BLISSFUL I can be after hearing him sing. I think if he ever serenade me, I will DIE from happiness, wonder how those 3 girls in HK manage to survive!
Anyway this thingie @ KL tmr? *confused* So David will still be @ 1 Utama 2.30pm rite? Just not meeting fans or shaking hands? But still can see him rite? Hope so for those who already make plans to go but thanks again star_lady for update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY to DAvid!

CONGRATS! He totally deserves it especially since he wasn't nominated last year.


Anyway, I don't agree with that article. I think DAvid deserve the phrase but Jay is WAY overated.

Jay can compose, I give him that, but skill in composition requires vareity. But he composes the same stuff over and over again, even if it's his style, it gets boring. for example I would think a student who was good in all aspects of school would be better than just a student who was good in math And whereas david is able to excell in all aspects (all styles) JAy just sticks to one style and to me that doesn't really take as much talent

SEcond Jay cannot sing. Yes he's better than the average person but that's all. He does not deserve to be put on a pedastol, his voice, control, and range is comparable to any pop singer. If he went on a show such as American Idol or another singing show he would not even make it past the producres

Third Jay doesnt' write all his lyrics. His lyrics are good, but most of the good ones are written by Vincent Fang.

I'm a bit surprised that Leehom did't amke it. I like Leehom, he's a good singer and can ACTUALLY SING. and I like his composing becuause he changes it up every now and then. I liked GSYX aLOT. I liked it better than his last one. But oh well I guess you can't satisfy everyone.

Anyway back to david. Congrats man you really deserved it.

Zhao said...

Thanks vry much for yr comments. Dun worry abt Leehom, he got the MTVAsia award for best Taiwan singer so he should be happy :D