20060103

More David @ Hunan


Much thanks to davidcn for Tom.com link to watch David's Hunan NY performance. Need to click play & wait a few mins for connection, rightclick & zoom to full screen if screen is too small. The front part is Bibi & advised to drag abt 1/3 of the way unless u r her fan. She ended with Who do you love which erm is not vry good I am sry to say. Then she chatted with the chirpy presenter who asked her abt David. She said it was cos of his encouragement that enable her to stand on the stage that night. Then she sang the last verse of Love Can & it was so much better. David did say that she should sing Love Can & Season of Loneliness.
Then David appeared behind her & was so cute as he put his finger to his mouth to ask the audience not to warn her. Anyway the presenter asked her to turn around & it was so sweet. David also sang the last verse of Love Can to her. She didn't cry but came close to it. But she was vry adorable. Then David sang his first song Rain & even tho it was vry much his classic delivery, he still managed to make it sound a bit different & a lot more western sounding which I really liked.
Then he laughed as he said he is 'seeking Susan' but dun think the audience got the pun cos maybe they nvr heard of a movie called Desperately seeking Susan starring Madonna. It was so funny as these rather bad dancers wearing tops in the same shade of pink as his vest came out to dance around him. David was vry good abt it & smiled at them even tho they were kinda obstructing him when he tried to move. 2 lovely things abt this performance. When he is singing the opera part, a dancer wearing traditional costume of Su San came out to dance next to him & she was vry good. Then he rapped 2 lines kinda more lyrical, it was just really really really WAY COOL, not sure if he did it @ the concerts but I LOVE it! Also he sang the Susans at the end differently too. The whole song was so WICKEDLY good.
The last song was I love you & he got the audience singing along as usual. He also told them his NY wishes for good health, time to spend with loved ones & not to earn too much money as it may lead to more problems. I have to say he just gets better all the time. Even tho he was singing to a backing track, he still sounded excellent & make it looked so easy. Just truly amazing & talented. Also advised better stop after David as the last singer is winner of Supergirl who sang or rather murdered 2 english songs, JLo's Let's get loud & Dido's Thank you. Think she sounded better in chinese, well I hope so anyway ^__^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! I've never heard of her before. Does she have a CD out?
She's pretty good, did a good job with Jay's song. I have yet to watch David, I saved the file, but I can't fast forward because it is one of those weird asf files. :p anyway, THANKS FOR THIS VIDEO! I'm sure David will be great!

Zhao said...

Hi polopolo21 did Bibi sang a Jay song haha dun know anyway do u think can upload the file to usendit & send me the link cos I cannot dl now so sad & I wanna rip Susan Say off the file so I can listen to it over & over again. I can convert the file to win format for u if u like okie be great if u can upload the file for me thanx :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Zhaodi, you don't have to convert it, I watched it all. :)

Here is the song, I hope this is the song you were referring to:
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MH36H0LBOX2R07G7W8Q02PL8O

Zhao said...

NO NO NO I do not want Jay song! I am so sry but I CANNOT listen to him, my ears cannot stand it, his voice & music, my god, they r so manufactured, I am sry to his fans but its god honest truth, my dear polopolo21 thank u so much for uploading the song but what I want is the Hunan concert file, I cannot dl it now for sum reason. If u can upload for me it will be great but if u can't its ok but plse do not send me Jay song ever again sry ^_^

Anonymous said...

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PZO74GQ3PINN3UI8K488BYGGX

Zhao said...

Thank you so much polopolo21 so kind :)