20070212

Toronto concert update

Heartfelt thanks to Jia for the following update in Comments:
Hiyaz! Long time reader n DT fan, first time commenter =] The blog is great keep up the great work.
Just wanted to say I've already bought tickets to DT Love Can at the ACC in Toronto. I'll be going with 6 friends, can't wait! I saw the first Love Can in Shanghai in 2005, but he's changed it up quite a bit since then. And of course, this time there's no flying to China involved. Haha!
I've waited a long time for him to come out here... The news of DT's concert showed up here pretty suddenly, so I was surprised, but was able to snag tickets as soon as they went on sale yesterday.
The ACC is actually a pretty hot venue in Canada, most of the big names that come to Canada play at the ACC. Pretty cool that DT is able to perform there!!
Btw a bit of info, he is actually having a smaller venue setup than the one pictured. He's going with "theatre + floor" layout instead of the concert layout pictured in the post. It's going to look more like this:
Fewer seats means fans gotta buy their tickets soon! Prices are (in Canadian dollars): $48 / $68 / $88 / $108
Get em while they last! And of course... this probably was decided so that the place would look more full...because ACC is an expensive venue and ticket prices aren't exactly a bargain. I hope DT can fill the house!!
I'll keep everyone posted. GO DT!
2/12/2007 1:51 AM

Look forward to yr further updates. So wonderful that David has fans not only in Asia but outside Asia as well. I really like the look of smaller venue & keeping fingers crossed that it will be full house ^__^ Actually I am really excited that he is having a concert outside of Asia at last. I know that unlike the others, he does not have the grand ambition of 'bringing Chinese music to the world'. All he wants is for people to listen to his music & understand music has no boundaries. But being the fangirl, I really hope that more & more people get exposed to the music of this so very talented musican *__*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jia,
Did you buy the regular tickets or the VIP tickets? I called Taipan tours yesterday and asked they said VIP tickets can be purchased in CASH at any Taipan locations for $268CA. Though I bought the $108 tickets already. I'll be sitting at sect 101 row 11 seat 9. i'll look out for you too. just show me your pic then!
Alice @ New York

Anonymous said...

Anybody knows? Is there any chance that David will also have concert in USA later this year?

It is quite difficult for me to go to CA alone. I am thinking whether I should wait or go ahead join the concert in CA.

Anonymous said...

Heard that he will held concert in LA in April.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice,

You're right, I left out mention of the VIP tickets. They are indeed $268CA or so and are for the floor seats, I think they are available only through Taipan Tours as the official sponsor/promoter?

I'm actually close to you, section 101 row 29 seat 1. Haha it's as close as you can get to the front and centre at the $68 price. I'd love to have gone for $108 or $88 at least cuz there were really good seats avilable when i bought the tickets... but hehe i'm going with 6 friends and they might not have been able to come with me if I forced them all to dish out $108 or $88.

But your seats sounds fantastic. The view should be awesome from there! Haha i'd love to look out for u too. Got an email I could talk to u at?

Anyone else gonna be there?

UPDATE: My friend checked on ticketmaster and said the tickets are selling well, and there's still more than a month left. Word is really spreading... I think the show mite sell out!

Jia

Anonymous said...

my email is alicewalks@hotmail.com, what is yours?
Alice