20051217

Butterfly no more

Wasn't going to post tonight but sumtimes hate going to sleep, its weird cos I hate getting up too :P Anyway latest news abt how David treating his dad to dinner but was frustrated when his dad refused to order too much in case it would be wasted haha my dad is the opposite, he will order too much & expect me to finish it up.
Also David said he is looking forward to spending Xmas in LA. He enjoys shopping for gifts, wrapping down & putting them under the tree. Wonder if he would like to do my Xmas shopping ^__^ So happy he gets to do the things he likes to do this yr & spend time with his beloved dog. Like to send him a gift too. Maybe just send charity donation in his name, think he will like that rite?
Stole this pix from davidcn cos he looks too mesmerising *melting* Wonder if he owns a gun but guess not cos he is a man of peace.
Replying to Lynn, just a metaphor dear. Nvr did like Puccini's Madame Butterfly vry much altho at least Butterfly sang in Italian not the silly english Hollywood likes to think Asian speak. Just my opinion okie but think Zhang Ziyi is a modern day Butterfly if she honestly believed she has 'proven' herself cos she is nominated in Golden Globes for an english speaking role.
So what abt all the Asian awards she has received then? And if she is so proud of being nominated for playing a Japanese geisha wearing blue contacts & speaking stilted english, then I feel sorry for the poor girl. Did you know that Shirley Maclaine posed as a Japanese geisha in order to act in Madame Butterfly in a 1962 movie called My Geisha? In the poster, she actually looked more like a geisha than those in Memoirs *shudder* Wow I am all 'butterfly' out now heehee ... hmmmmm ... lotsa latenighters around, thk stellz for yr msg & wanting to link my blog, so kind, wow another hidden meaning in My Anata! Must get SGFC to find out from David when he comes here again next mth ^_*

No comments: